Family Center Resources
- Produce Mobile
- School Psychologist
- Comprehensive Student and Family Counseling
- Health Insurance Assistance
- Kennedy Summer Bridge
- Holiday Toys and Books
Second Harvest: Every 3rd Tuesday, 9 a.m. off Connecticut Drive. in our school's gym.
Let’s partner together to make sure our families have nutritious food to eat! Every 3rd Tuesday of the month, Second Harvest brings free fruits and vegetables to share with your family. Please bring your own bags and collect fruits and veggies for your families.
Let's keep our families healthy! Come get free fruits and vegetables to help feed your family nutritious foods!
To volunteer with this event, please arrive by 8:30 a.m. The distribution begins at 9:00 a.m.
Comprehensive Student and Family Counseling
Health Insurance Assistance
We want to help every uninsured student obtain health insurance. The programs can be free or low-cost for all children of low and middle-income families!
San Mateo County has free and low-cost programs for children and adults including Medi-Cal, Healthy Families, Healthy Kids, and the Access and Care for Everyone (ACE) Program.
Eligibility is based on household income and family size. You may be eligible even if you work or own property and regardless of immigration status!
Drop-in the Family Center or make an appointment.
Kennedy Middle School Family Center
2521 Goodwin Ave., Redwood City, CA 94061
Please bring the following when you come in to apply:
Kennedy Summer Bridge
The Summer Bridge Program is a summer school program designed to help familiarize incoming Kennedy students with our school and give them a boost to successfully start the academic year.
Interested in learning how to succeed in your new middle school and make new friends before school starts? Join us for our exciting summer program for incoming students! There will be sports and academic classes, team building, and more.
Holiday Toys and Books
Fair Oaks Community Center
Holiday sign-ups starting late November through early December
- All sign-ups must be completed in person. Due to limited resources you must only sign up for one Holiday program.
- You must live in Redwood City, North Fair Oaks, Portola Valley, Woodside or Atherton
- You must be low income.
- You must have at least one child 12 years and younger!
- Proof of all parent(s) or guardians who live in the house. (Official photo ID)
- Proof of number of children who live in the house. (Birth certificates)
- Household income within the last 30 days. (Check stubs, CALWORKS award letter etc. If you don't have one, pick up an employment verification form at Fair Oaks Community Center)
- Proof of Residence. (PG&E bill, telephone bill, any official document with your name and address)
- The Salvation Army provides gifts for children 14 and under and food for families.
- The last day to sign up is December 14th.
- Sign up Monday- Wednesday 9am- 3:30pm; Thursday 1-3pm at 660 Veterans Blvd, Redwood City
- Bring the same documents as required for Fair Oaks (ID, birth certificates, proof of income, and proof of residence)